- our team
- Our Clients
Most Vancouverites have been to the Vancouver Aquarium at least once, it's a fantastic place to get to know what's in the water around us, and get up close to many beautiful and fascinating creatures. But many don't know about the significant environmental change and educational projects that the Aquarium also funds and runs.
The Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre is a self-supporting, non-profit association dedicated to effecting the conservation of aquatic life through display and interpretation, education, research, and direct action...The Aquarium formed the Vancouver Aquarium Conservation Foundation in 1997 to manage endowment funds to support the Aquarium's education, marine science, animal care and conservation programs for years to come.
- The Aquarium is home to over 70,000 amazing animals.
- Each year 80,000 school children learn about aquatic life through our school programs.
- 980 people volunteer at the Aquarium, logging 58,000 hours of service in 2008.
- More than 35,000,000 people have visited the Aquarium since 1956.
- The Aquarium's 20,000 member-households represent a total of 55,000 people who support the Aquarium.
- Located in Stanley Park, the Aquarium is open to visitors from around the world 365 days a year.
Our work with VanAqua has been focused on building and maintaining the websites for two of the public education and direct action projects they run. Ocean Wise educates consumers and companies about sustainable seafood and conservation of ocean wildlife, maintaining a database of sustainable seafood and restaurants who serve Ocean Wise certified options. The Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup facilitates shoreline rehabilitation through education and organizing national and provincial shoreline cleanup events.